ADHD / Behavioral Evaluations
ADHD/Psychoeducational evaluations determine:
- Whether a child or adult meets criteria for ADHD/ADD
- How severe the impairment is
- How it is affecting other areas of functioning
- Whether other factors are affecting behavior or cognitive functioning
- Recommendations for improvement in different areas of functioning
For example, anxiety, depression, and processing disorders, to name a few, can manifest in very similar ways to ADHD.
ADHD/Psychoeducational evaluations consist of tests that measure:
- General cognitive abilities
- Executive functions
- Psychological functioning
Children’s brains are very “plastic”, making neurological changes faster and easier than in adults. Because of this, early intervention is important!